- Introduction – Blenders & mixers are an important part of the bulk materials processing industry. Blending or mixing is the process of thoroughly combining different materials to achieve a homogeneous mixture with uniform distribution.
- Construction – It consists of a horizontally-mounted ‘U’-shaped trough containing a double helix blender bar and a longitudinal shaft of twin-bladed construction. The Blades can in more than two depending on the Product nature. The blades are designed in such a way to get the discharge at center. We maintain a very fine clearance between the blades & U-trough so as to discharge 99% of the batch volume.
- Working Principal – The inner and outer helical ribbons are pitched to move material axially, in opposing directions, and also radially. This combination promotes fast and thorough mixing.
- Application – Ribbon blenders are commonly used for blending dry powders, granules, pellets and other solid forms. Major industries are food, pharmaceutical, chemicals, fertilizer, animal feeds, plastics, cosmetics, pigments and insecticides industries.
- Features –
- Efficient And Fast Blending And Mixing.
- Materials Can Be Blended Or Mixed In Batch.
- Multiple Ribbons are designed to mix the material homogeneously & discharge the maximum material.
- Although dry blending is the ribbon blender’s primary use, it can also function as a paste mixer.